Besides an increase in pay, SLPs working in a school setting can advocate for other compensation benefits.
- School districts reimburse licensure or registration fees.
- Paid time off is provided for continuing education.
- Costs of continuing education are reimbursed.
- The school provides laptop computers for staff.
- Development or purchase of standardized computer forms for IEP development and implementation and for other paperwork.
- Some districts have hired clerical staff or supported dedicated time of existing clerical staff to assist with paperwork.
- Caseload size can be reduced.
- A new program can be developed to meet a special need.