Medicaid Reimbursement in Schools

National Provider Identification Numbers (NPI) and Medicaid Billing 

It is important for you, as a school based clinician, to know and understand what is being required in your state. School-based SLPs and audiologists will be required to have an NPI number or an alternative measure of identification—commonly called a "unique identifier number"—in order to complete a Medicaid claim. The decision of whether you must have an NPI number or "unique identifier number" will be made by your individual state's health care authority. Read more about what you need to know.

Medicaid School Based Services


ASHA Corporate Partners