ASHA's Gift to the Grad: May 1–August 31
Get more value for your membership!
to the Grad gives up to 20 months of ASHA membership for the price of 12 to recent master’s
and doctoral graduates who apply for ASHA membership and certification from May
1 to August 31. Applicants receive membership through December 31 of the following year. Take advantage of this gift and you won’t have to renew your ASHA membership until December 31, 2020, which means you can keep more jingle in your pocket, right when you need it—during your first year as an ASHA member!
Current and recent graduates.
How Much Can You Save?
If you apply for ASHA membership and certification May 1, you can receive up to 20 months of membership for the price of 12 (that’s a $225
savings)! If you apply in June, you receive up to 19 months, so the sooner you apply, the more time you get on your membership year!
What Applicants Need to Know
Eligibility. To be eligible for the program, applicants must submit their membership and certification application between May 1 and August 31.
Savings. The program grants up to 20 months of membership and saves applicants $225 on their dues renewal.
Timing. Audiology applicants may submit their membership and certification application any time after they have completed the necessary coursework, practicum, and received the required doctoral degree from a CAA-accredited academic program. Speech-language pathology applicants may submit their application any time after they have completed the necessary coursework, practicum, and received the required graduate degree from a CAA-accredited academic program or a program admitted to CAA candidacy. The application may be submitted before, during, or after completion of the clinical fellowship (CF).
Unique. Gift to the Grad is different from the NSSLHA to ASHA
Conversion Discount. The Gift to the Grad is available to everyone. It is the gift of time. The earlier you apply, the more membership you receive. The
NSSLHA to ASHA
Conversion Discount is available to members of the National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA). Students with at least two years of National NSSLHA membership, including the year of graduation, have until August 31 of the following year to save $225 off of their membership dues and fees.
Membership required. Applicants who apply for "certification only" are not eligible for Gift to the Grad.
Time-sensitive. The sooner students apply for ASHA membership and certification during Gift to the Grad, the more months they'll receive membership benefits.
ASHA is as excited as you are about your graduation. Now take the next step—become a
certified member of ASHA. Call the Action Center at 800-498-2071 to determine the best time to apply.
- Applicants should evaluate the best time to apply based on their graduation date and clinical fellowship, if applicable.
- You don't have to wait until you complete your CF.
- Audiology graduates will be considered applicants in audiology when they submit a membership and certification application.
- Speech-language pathology graduates may apply before, during, or after the CF and be considered applicants in speech.
- Start receiving membership benefits while you are fulfilling the requirements to get certified.
- Your application for membership and certification must be received by the ASHA National Office by August 31 of the applicable year to receive the Gift to the Grad and NSSLHA Conversion benefits. Applications received on or after September 1, regardless of postmark date, are not eligible.
- If your graduation date has changed, please send an e-mail to