As part of ASHA’s Strategic Objective to promote interprofessional education and interprofessional collaborative practice, ASHA offers a travel stipend to encourage the participation of non-CSD (communication sciences and disorders) presenters at ASHA Convention. ASHA has a limited fund to award travel stipends to selected non-CSD co-presenters in 2022.
- Answered "yes" to the question on the Call for Papers: "Are you presenting as an interprofessional team that includes non-CSD presenters?"
- Have an audiologist, speech-language pathologist, or a CSD researcher as a presenting author who will register for the Convention.
- Stipend awardees must present their content in-person at the conference.
Excluded from Eligibility
- Invited sessions in any category, hands-on/demo lab sessions, flash sessions, or poster sessions
- CSD professionals and international affiliates
- Researchers with CSD credentials
Travel Stipend Awards
- Total stipend pool is $25,000.
- Individual stipends are $1,000 per non-CSD presenter.
- No more than two non-CSD presenters per session may receive the stipend (registration is waived).
- Stipend recipients will be notified by August 31, 2022.
- Recipients will receive a stipend check in the mail following the ASHA Convention.
- Proposals undergo independent review and rating by the ASHA Convention Topic Committees as part of the Call for Papers review process.
- Accepted sessions that also meet the eligibility criteria are referred to ASHA's IPE/IPP Strategic Objective Team for consideration based on:
- highest rated session in any topic area
- sessions include information about IPE/IPP competencies, research, tools or curricular models that facilitate successful team collaborations
- content and focus not duplicated by invited sessions
- achieving diversity of awardees based on professional settings, disciplines, and disorder areas
- Stipend awardees must resubmit financial disclosures to reflect travel award.
- Stipend awardees must submit W-9 (US based recipients) or W-8BEN (international recipients) forms by the designated deadline in order to receive the stipend awards.
For questions or further information, contact email@example.com.