Specific Objective: In Honduras, ASHA provides technical assistance for the establishment of a personnel development program in phonoaudiology at the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras (UNAH).
The first class of phonoaudiology students at UNAH
- New phonoaudiology program at UNAH was launched in January 2017. Thirty-seven students are enrolled and will graduate in 2020.
- Honduran Higher Education Council approved the new phonoaudiology career in March 2016.
- Ad Hoc Committee ended in December 2015.
- A workshop for new faculty took place on September 21–25, 2015 at UNAH in Tegucigalpa. Ad hoc committee chair participated in a leading role as expert in speech-language pathology and multiculturalism.
- UNAH Council approved the new phonoaudiology career in February 2015.
- Curriculum was reviewed, and program proposal was submitted to UNAH.
- Ad Hoc Committee was formed and work plan was developed.
UTV videos about the new phonoaudiology program at UNAH.
Honduras Ad Hoc Committee
- Silvia Martinez; Chair
- Raquel Anderson
- Hortencia (Hart) Kayser
- Marlene, Salas-Provance
- Brooke Hallowell, IIB member liaison
- Fernanda Dreux, IIB member and liaison
- Lily Waterston, Ex Officio
For more information, contact Lily Waterston, ASHA Director, International Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.