Specific Objective: In Ecuador, ASHA provides technical assistance to the Ministry of Public Health to educate service providers on communication disorders.
Stakeholders meeting in PAHO/Ecuador's offices
- Presented at ASHA's 2021 Convention: Advocacy and Capacity Building for Global Equity: The ASHA-PAHO Collaboration in Ecuador [PDF]
- Ad hoc committee ended on October 31, 2021.
- Work plan for two years has been completed and goals were achieved.
- Second round of train-the-trainer workshops on five different topics were conducted virtually in 2021.
- First round of train-the-trainer workshops on five different topics were conducted virtually in 2020.
- Ad hoc committee has been formed.
- Brenda Gorman, Chair
- Amanda Blackwell
- Lisa Domby
- Jose Centeno
- Laura Froeschke
- Eliane Schochat, IIB member and liaison
- Lily Waterston, ex officio
- A needs assessment trip to Quito, Ecuador was conducted in September 2019. A work plan was drafted jointly with local stakeholders.
For more information, contact Lily Waterston, ASHA Director, International Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.