Grand Rounds in Aphasia Management
April 12, 2024 | In collaboration with Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, Chicago
At the 2024 ASHA Health Care Summit, you’ll collaborate with Shirley Ryan AbilityLab SLPs, who will guide you in reflecting on your current clinical practices, help you critically evaluate your decision-making framework, and share new strategies for high-impact outcomes on your patients’ quality of life. You can expect:
- Practical applications—The day will focus on critical thinking and decision-making, building on your existing knowledge to advance your clinical practice.
- Collaboration—You'll actively particpate in small group, interactive learning, with face-to-face discussions with your peers, facilitated by world-class clinicians.
- A patient-centered focus—Shirley Ryan AbilityLab’s unique approach to translational research puts the patient voice and needs at the heart of the work. You’ll get the chance to hear from individuals with aphasia and their care partners and see the impact your work has on the lives of patients and their loved ones.
- A facilitated approach—Working through challenging case studies means that everyone will bring their own unique expertise and experiences, and we’ll all learn from each other.
- Self-evaluation—Together, we’ll think critically to choose the most appropriate treatment plans. You’ll evaluate your own practice and the changes you will make based on your new knowledge.
- Community—You’ll have access to an online participant community forum where you can make connections and build on your experience before and after the event.
What You’ll Get
- A 1-day, in-person learning opportunity to elevate your clinical practice
- Bonus online content, included as part of your registration, to supercharge your learning
- The opportunity to earn 0.7 ASHA CEUs for participating in the entire daylong event
- Networking time while enjoying complimentary breakfast and lunch
- The opportunity to tour the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab hospital