Delaware Teacher Requirements for Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists

The information below is collected from state regulatory agencies responsible for regulating school based speech-language pathologists and/or audiologists. The information is reviewed on an annual basis. Please be advised that laws, regulations, and policies may change at any time, so always check with your state for the most up-to-date information.

Audiologist and Speech Language Pathologist

Professional Licensee Certification

Professional Licensee Certification is for those who plan to work in the Delaware public school system. The professional licensees are not required to hold an education license or certification through the Department of Education. State licensure in speech-language pathology, issued by the Delaware Board of Speech Pathologists, Audiologists, and Hearing Aid Dispensers is typically required for practice in schools.

Regulatory Oversight

Board of Examiners of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists 


For further information on laws and regulations for school based speech-language pathologists and audiologists, please visit these websites:

Questions regarding state advocacy issues? Call ASHA at 800-498-2071 and ask for the State Advocacy Team.

ASHA Corporate Partners