ASHA-PAHO/WHO: Paraguay Project
Specific Objective: In Paraguay, ASHA provides technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and the National Secretariat of Human Rights for Persons with Disabilities (SENADIS) to educate professionals and parents of individuals with communication disorders.
- Third train-the-trainer workshop on "Autism and Other Disorders" was conducted in May 2018, in a rural community and in Asuncion.
- Second train-the-trainer workshop on "Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)" took place in June 2017 in Asuncion.
- First workshop on "Evaluation Methods" was conducted in October 2016 in Asuncion.
- A needs assessment trip was conducted to Paraguay in May 2016. Areas for clinical service training were prioritized by local stakeholders.
- Ad Hoc Committee was formed and work plan was developed.
Paraguay Ad Hoc Committee
- Rosario Roman, Chair
- Rosa Abreu
- Henriette Langdon
- Maria Adelaida Restrepo
- Lynette Austin, IIB Member and Liaison
- Lily Waterston, Ex Officio
Stakeholders meeting in Paraguay
For more information, contact Lily Waterston, ASHA Director, International Programs at