The following are sample questions for your review and study purposes only; they are an example of the types of questions that appear on the ASHA Assistants Certification Exam. Answers to the sample questions appear at the bottom of the page. Sample questions are not representative of the breadth of the material or the capability of candidates sitting for the exam. Please review the SLPA Exam Blueprint and the resource listing for exam preparation.
1. An SLPA is qualified to serve as an interpreter/translator when they are
2. Therapy activities generated by the SLPA should be
3. The SLPA can provide direct voice therapy when following treatment plans or protocols that are
4. Which of the following approaches is a speech modification strategy in fluency therapy?
5. To best support a 20-year old client/patient or student with a traumatic brain injury in age appropriate cognitive rehabilitation therapy, the SLPA implements
6. The positive behavioral intervention plan approach consists of three aspects; antecedent-behavior-consequence. The antecedent involves
7. The SLPA has changed the treatment activity within the therapy session therefore, the SLPA should
8. A client/patient or student appeared upset on the day of the treatment. She stated, “My best friend isn’t talking to me.” This is a statement written in a SOAP note. What area of the SOAP note would you find this statement?
9. The SLPA has been working with a patient that uses a dynamic display voice output communication device for six months. Therapy sessions have now begun to focus on greetings, ordering at restaurants, and reciprocal conversational exchanges. What has the SLPA been targeting?