Individuals are encouraged to contact the ASHA Approved CE Provider and attempt to resolve any problem before filing a complaint with ASHA Continuing Education (CE).
When a complaint alleging a violation(s) of the Requirements for ASHA Approved CE Provider Approval [PDF] is filed with ASHA CE, the complaint adjudication process begins. When considering whether to file a complaint, please keep in mind that
- the CEB has jurisdiction to receive, deliberate, and act upon complaints filed against ASHA Approved CE Providers only;
- the person filing the complaint (the "Complainant") does not have to be an ASHA member;
- ASHA CE does not accept anonymous complaints;
- ASHA CE accepts complaints filed via the web form or mail and will not accept complaints filed via telephone.
How to File a Complaint
What to Include With the Complaint Form
The ASHA Approved CE Provider Complaint Form must be completely filled out and include the following:
- Read the ASHA CEB Requirements to determine which requirement(s) the ASHA Approved CE Provider violated.
- Provide information about the ASHA Approved CE Provider and course.
- Identify each of the ASHA CEB requirement(s) that you feel the ASHA Approved CE Provider violated.
- Provide a detailed description of your complaint or concern. Your description should detail the way in which the Provider failed to meet each requirement you've identified.
- Provide your name, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Submit the web form or print the web form and mail it to ASHA CEB, 2200 Research Boulevard #340, Rockville, Maryland 20850.
What to Include in the Description of the Complaint
Facts and evidence to be provided in your statement of complaint may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- how and when you observed/discovered the alleged violation;
- the ASHA Approved CE Provider's actions, practices, and/or behavior you think were violations of CEB Requirements;
- descriptions and dates of actions taken, if any, to try to rectify the situation prior to submitting this complaint;
- descriptions and dates of any communications with the ASHA Approved CE Provider regarding your concerns and any responses received.
Complaints and concerns about ASHA Approved CE Providers should be addressed in the following manner.
- The Complainant should inform ASHA CE of the complaint or concern by completing and submitting the web form or by printing the web form and submitting it by mail to: ASHA CE, 2200 Research Boulevard #340, Rockville, Maryland 20850. Anonymous complaints will not be acted upon.
- If the complaint is outside CEB jurisdiction, or if the complaint does not have merit, it will be returned to the Complainant with a letter of explanation.
- ASHA CE will review the complaint or concern.
- When appropriate, ASHA CE will notify the ASHA Approved CE Provider in writing of the nature of the complaint or concern and ask for a response within 30 days.
- ASHA CE will consider all data and correspondence pertinent to the issue and make a decision. Both the Complainant and ASHA Approved CE Provider will be advised of the decision in writing; the decision will specify (a) lack of evidence to support further investigation or (b) recommendations to the Provider for meeting CEB requirements, including a designated time limit in which the Provider must demonstrate compliance or submit a statement of reasons for noncompliance.
For general questions about the complaint filing process, please contact Jo Ann Linseisen, continuing education, 301-296-5744 and firstname.lastname@example.org.