Oklahoma Early Intervention Requirements for Practice

The information below is collected from state licensure boards or regulatory agencies responsible for developing requirements for the professions of audiology and/or speech-language pathology to work in the early intervention setting. The information is reviewed on an annual basis. Please be advised that laws, regulations, and policies may change at any time, so always check with your state for the most up-to-date information.

Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology


Master's degree


State licensure is issued by Oklahoma Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.


Program training after being hired

Note: All audiologists are contracted by the Department of Health to provide audiological services when they are indicated by the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) team

Agency Oversight

Oklahoma State Department of Education, SoonerStart, Early Intervention


For further information regarding audiologists and speech-language pathologists working in the early intervention setting, please visit this website:

Questions regarding state advocacy issues? Call ASHA at 800-498-2071 and ask for the State Advocacy Team.

ASHA Corporate Partners