New Mexico Early Intervention Requirements for Practice

The information below is collected from state licensure boards or regulatory agencies responsible for developing requirements for the professions of audiology and speech-language pathology to work in the early intervention setting. The information is reviewed on an annual basis. Please be advised that laws, regulations, and policies may change at any time, so always check with your state for the most up-to-date information.

Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology


Master's degree


  • State license issued by New Mexico Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology, and Hearing Aid Dispensing Practices Board
  • License holders must be employed through the network of early intervention provider agencies in New Mexico.

Continuing Education

Maintenance of state license

Agency Oversight

New Mexico Early Childhood Education & Care Department


For further information regarding audiologists and speech-language pathologists working in the early intervention setting, please visit these websites:

Questions regarding state advocacy issues? Call ASHA at 800-498-2071 and ask for the State Advocacy Team.

ASHA Corporate Partners