Hawaii Teacher Requirements for Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists

The information below is collected from state regulatory agencies responsible for regulating school based speech-language pathologists and/or audiologists. The information is reviewed on an annual basis. Please be advised that laws, regulations, and policies may change at any time, so always check with your state for the most up-to-date information.

Audiologist/Speech-Language Pathologist

Audiologists and speech-language pathologists in the public schools do not fall under specific teacher requirements of the State Department of Education. State licensure by the Hawaii Board of Speech Pathology and Audiology is typically required for practice in the schools. Contact the board for additional information. 

Continuing Education Requirement


Regulatory Oversight

Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs – Speech Pathology and Audiology 


For further information on laws and regulations for school based speech-language pathologists and audiologists, please visit these websites:

Questions regarding state advocacy issues? Call ASHA at 800-498-2071 and ask for the State Advocacy Team.

ASHA Corporate Partners