Colorado Early Intervention Requirements for Practice

The information below is collected from state licensure boards or regulatory agencies responsible for developing requirements for the professions of audiology and/or speech-language pathology to work in the early intervention setting. The information is reviewed on an annual basis. Please be advised that laws, regulations, and policies may change at any time, so always check with your state for the most up-to-date information.



Master’s degree with National Certification


State license is issued by Colorado Office of Audiology Licensure.

Speech-Language Pathology


Master’s degree


Certification by Colorado Office of Speech-Language Pathology Certification. 

Speech-Language Pathology Clinical Fellow

Provisional Certification by Colorado Office of Speech-Language Pathology Certification.

Speech-Language Pathology Assistant

Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree plus internship and coursework authorized through the Institutions of Higher Education (IHE) Consortia

Agency Oversight

Colorado Department of Human Services, Early Intervention Colorado 


For further information regarding audiologists and speech-language pathologists working in the early intervention setting, please visit this website: 

Questions regarding state advocacy issues? Call ASHA at 800-498-2071 and ask for the State Advocacy Team.

ASHA Corporate Partners