Hawaii Teacher Requirements for Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists

The information below is collected from state regulatory agencies responsible for regulating school based speech-language pathologists and/or audiologists. The information is reviewed on an annual basis. Please be advised that laws, regulations, and policies may change at any time, so always check with your state for the most up-to-date information.

Audiologist/Speech-Language Pathologist

State License

State licensure issued by Hawaii Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology is typically required for practice in the schools:

  • Master's degree or its equivalent from an educational institution recognized by the Board of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists
  • Evidence of eligibility for meeting the requirements of ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence
  • Passage of a written examination

Continuing Education Requirement



For further information on laws and regulations for school based speech-language pathologists and audiologists, please visit these websites:

Questions regarding state advocacy issues? Call ASHA at 800-498-2071 and ask for the State Advocacy Team.

ASHA Corporate Partners