Arkansas Teacher Requirements for Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists

The information below is collected from state regulatory agencies responsible for regulating school based speech-language pathologists and/or audiologists. The information is reviewed on an annual basis. Please be advised that laws, regulations, and policies may change at any time, so always check with your state for the most up-to-date information.


Audiologists in the public schools are contract employees and do not fall under specific teacher requirements of the State Department of Education. State licensure is typically required for practice in the schools.

Speech-Language Pathologist

Speech-Language Pathologist

  1. Master's degree from an accredited speech-language pathology or communication disorders program
  2. Successful passage of Praxis II Exam in speech-language pathology

Continuing Education Requirement

Sixty clock hours of approved continuing professional education is required annually to maintain professional teaching license valid for five years in speech pathology for employment in a public education agency.


For further information on laws and regulations for school based speech-language pathologists and audiologists, please visit these websites:

Questions regarding state advocacy issues? Call ASHA at 800-498-2071 and ask for the State Advocacy Team.

ASHA Corporate Partners