2017 Research Symposium on Hearing
Friday, November 10, 2017
8:00 am – 11:30 am
Los Angeles, California
This year's Research Symposium on Hearing was organized by Ravi Krishnan (Purdue University), who is the hearing and balance science topic chair for the 2017 Convention. Attendance at these sessions is included with your ASHA Convention registration; no separate registration or fee is required.
- 8:00 am – 10:00 am
- Research Symposium in Hearing: Physiological & Perceptual Consequences of Hidden Hearing Loss
- This session is comprised of
- Cochlear Neurodegeneration in Hidden and Overt Hearing Loss
Sharon Kujawa, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and Harvard Medical School
- Does Cochlear Synaptopathy Contribute to Suprathreshold Perceptual Deficits in Humans?
Hari Bharadwaj, Purdue University
- 10:30 am – 11:30 am
- Research Symposium in Hearing: Benefits of Cochlear Implantation for Single Sided Deafness
Qian-Jie Fu, University of California, Los Angeles