ASHA Professional Development System Requirements and Technical Support
Please review the system requirements to ensure your device and Internet setup meet hardware, software, and bandwidth requirements in advance taking a course.
Enjoy ASHA Professional Development online courses from any device—all you need is an Internet connection! We recommend using a wired broadband connection—wireless, mobile, satellite, and dial-up connections are not always as fast or stable. On rare occasions, disruptions to your Internet connection can result in courses freezing or closing abruptly. If this occurs, simply log in again and rejoin.
A live Internet video feed that is clear and uninterrupted requires sufficient bandwidth. If you plan to take a course in an environment with limited Internet bandwidth, encourage your peers to minimize their streaming activities (e.g., Internet radio, YouTube, downloading large files). Wi-Fi is not recommended because signal strength can vary, causing bandwidth to increase or decrease.
For maximum performance, security, and stability while participating in CE courses, download the latest version of your preferred Web browser. Be sure your browser is Active X enabled.
To improve your experience, download these free software programs:
iPad and iPhone users will need to use the Chrome app (not Safari) to access the ASHA Learning Center.
If you have trouble accessing the ASHA Learning Center or a particular course, try logging out of your ASHA Account and clearing your web browser's cache. After clearing your cache, try logging in again. Here are instructions for clearing the cache in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
If you ever have trouble accessing your ASHA Learning Center, you can select "My Account" in the upper right corner of any ASHA webpage, log into your account, select "Access Your ASHA Courses," and follow steps 3 and 4 above.
If you have problems accessing the ASHA Learning Center or problems viewing an on-demand webinar, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for Live Webinars
- Test your browser ahead of time.
- Disable pop-ups in your Internet browser settings.
- Use a wired connection if possible.
- Be sure your computer is equipped with working speakers so you can hear the presenters.
- ASHA Learning Pass subscribers and paid registrants an access live webinars via the ASHA Learning Center [link to My Courses].
- If you have problems viewing a live webinar, contact email@example.com for tech support.
Tips for Online Conferences
Here are three key tips to avoid common online conference access issues:
- If you only see the logo after accessing the site, disable any pop-up blockers.
- When exiting the conference, always use the "Logout" button in the upper right corner of the conference site. Do not use the red "X" or shut down your computer to leave the conference. Doing so may temporarily lock you out of the conference.
- If you receive an error message that reads, "You are already logged in on another computer," wait for 5 minutes and try again. If, after 5 minutes, you still are unable to access the site, or if you are in the middle of a live chat, contact ASHA Professional Development by phone at 301-296-8593 (9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday–Friday) or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other technical issues during an online conference, submit a Help Desk request in the conference site.
Paid online conference registrants can log in beginning the first day of the conference. Go to My Account and enter your username and password. Under "ASHA Courses and Orders," select the name of the conference. Note: Online conferences work differently than webinars and other ASHA Professional Development courses. You do not access online conferences through the "Enrolled" tab in your ASHA Learning Center. Rather, online conferences appear in your ASHA Account under "ASHA Courses and Orders" beginning on the first day of the event.
About the ASHA Learning Center
Visit the ASHA Learning Center webpage for detailed instructions about how to access a course, earn ASHA CEUs/professional development hours for completed courses, and access a certificate of completion.