ASHA Professional Development System Requirements and Technical Support
Enjoy ASHA Professional Development (APD) online courses from any device—all you need is an Internet connection!
Please ensure your Internet setup meets hardware, software, and bandwidth requirements well in advance of the program.
For maximum performance, security, and stability while participating in APD courses, download the latest version of your preferred Web browser. Be sure your browser is Active X enabled.
If you have trouble accessing the ASHA Learning Center or a particular course, try logging out of your ASHA Account and clearing your web browser's cache, following the instructions below. After clearing your cache, try logging in again.
To improve your experience, download these free software programs:
We recommend using a wired broadband connection—wireless, mobile, satellite, and dial-up connections are not always as fast or stable. On rare occasions, disruptions to your Internet connection can result in sessions freezing or closing abruptly. If this occurs, simply rejoin the session.
To ensure that your computer is set up for optimal webinar viewing,
test your browser in advance.
Here are some tips to avoid common webinar access issues:
- A live Internet video feed that is clear and uninterrupted requires sufficient bandwidth. If you plan to watch this program in an environment with limited Internet bandwidth, encourage your peers to minimize their streaming activities (e.g., Internet radio, YouTube, downloading large files) during the event.
- Make sure you have pop-ups disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Wi-Fi is not recommended because signal strength can vary, causing bandwidth to increase or decrease.
- We recommend a wired connection. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth and provides a better experience.
- It's better for organizations with low bandwidth to have the session running on only one computer in a conference room rather than having 10 individual people running the session on 10 computers at their desks.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
- We recommend that you log in 10–15 minutes prior to the start time to double check your connection and sound.
How to Access
Paid webinar registrants can access a webinar by logging into the ASHA Learning Center.
- Visit the ASHA Learning Center login page
- Log in using your e-mail address and password
- Go to the "Enrolled" tab and find your webinar
- Select "Launch" and follow the instructions for the particular course
Alternately, you can select "My Account" in the upper right corner of any ASHA webpage, log into your account, select "Access Your ASHA Courses," and follow steps 3 and 4 above.
If you have problems viewing a live webinar, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have problems accessing the ASHA Learning Center or problems viewing an on-demand webinar, contact email@example.com.
Here are three key tips to avoid common online conference access issues:
- If you only see the logo after accessing the site, disable any pop-up blockers.
- When exiting the conference, use the "Logout" button in the upper right corner of the conference site. Do not use the red "X" or shut down your computer to leave the conference. Doing so may temporarily lock you out of the conference.
- If you receive an error message that reads, "You are already logged in on another computer," wait for 5 minutes and try again. If, after 5 minutes, you still are unable to access the site, or if you are in the middle of a live chat, contact ASHA Professional Development by phone at 301-296-8593 (9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday–Friday) or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other technical issues during an online conference, submit a Help Desk request in the conference site.
How To Access
Paid online conference registrants can log in beginning the first day of the conference. Go to My Account and enter your username and password. Under "ASHA Courses and Orders," select the name of the conference.
Note: Online conferences work differently than webinars and other ASHA Professional Development courses. You do not access online conferences through the "Enrolled" tab in your ASHA Learning Center. Rather, online conferences appear in your ASHA Account under "ASHA Courses and Orders" beginning on the first day of the event.
About the ASHA Learning Center
ASHA Learning Center webpage for detailed instructions about how to access a course, earn ASHA CEUs/professional development hours for completed courses, and access a certificate of completion.