Professional Development Technical Support
Enjoy ASHA Professional Development (APD) online courses from any device-all you need is an Internet connection!
Please ensure your Internet setup meets hardware, software, and bandwidth requirements well in advance of the program. For maximum performance, security, and stability while participating in APD courses, download the latest version of your preferred Web browser. Be sure your browser is Active X enabled.
To improve your experience, download these free software programs:
We recommend using a wired broadband connection-wireless, mobile, satellite, and dial-up connections are not always as fast or stable. On rare occasions, disruptions to your Internet connection can result in sessions freezing or closing abruptly. If this occurs, simply rejoin the session.
For Webinars and In-Service Events
To ensure that your computer is set up for optimal webinar viewing, test your browser in advance.
Here are some tips to avoid common access issues:
- A live Internet video feed that is clear and uninterrupted requires sufficient bandwidth. If you plan to watch this program in an environment with limited Internet bandwidth, encourage your peers to minimize their streaming activities (e.g., Internet radio, YouTube, downloading large files) during the event.
- Make sure you have pop-ups disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Wi-Fi is not recommended because signal strength can vary, causing bandwidth to increase or decrease.
- We recommend a wired connection. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth and provides a better experience.
- It's better for organizations with low bandwidth to have the session running on only one computer in a conference room rather than having 10 individual people running the session on 10 computers at their desks.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
- We recommend that you log in 10–15 minutes prior to the start time to double check your connection and sound.
If you have problems accessing the event site, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Online Conferences
Here are three tips to avoid common access issues:
- If you only see the logo after accessing the site, disable any pop-up blockers.
- When exiting the conference, use the "Logout" button in the lower left corner of the conference site. Do not use the red "X" or shut down your computer to leave the conference. Doing so may temporarily lock you out of the conference.
- If you receive an error message that reads, "You are already logged in on another computer," wait for 5 minutes and try again. If, after 5 minutes, you still are unable to access the site, or if you are in the middle of a live chat, contact ASHA Professional Development by phone at 301-296-8593 (9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday–Friday) or e-mail at email@example.com.
For other technical issues during an online conference, submit a Help Desk request in the conference site.
Accessing the ASHA Learning Center
Logging into the ASHA Learning Center is quick and easy:
- Visit the ASHA Learning Center login page (or select "My Account" in the upper right corner of any ASHA webpage)
- Log in using your e-mail address and password
Visit the ASHA Learning Center webpage for detailed instructions about how to access a course, earn ASHA CEUs/professional development hours for completed courses, and access a certificate of completion.
If you have trouble accessing the ASHA Learning Center, try clearing your web browser's cache: