ASHA-PAHO/WHO: El Salvador Project
Specific Objective: In El Salvador, ASHA provides technical assistance to the Instituto Salvadoreño de Rehabilitación Integral (ISRI) for training and capacity-building for personnel in audiology and speech-language pathology.
Stakeholders meeting in El Salvador
- Ad Hoc Committee ended in December 2015.
- A comprehensive
educational resource package was produced in Spanish [PDF] as a sustainable tool for training of ISRI's personnel in rehabilitation.
- Educational materials and training resources were provided in each of the areas identified as priority needs for ISRI.
- ASHA expert made presentations during the first Autism Conference organized in El Salvador.
- ASHA expert visited ISRI/Audiology Center and made presentations to ISRI personnel who are providing services on Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology.
- Ad Hoc Committee was formed and work plan was developed.
El Salvador Ad Hoc Committee
- Linda Rosa-Lugo, Chair
- Diana Barreneche-Doniger
- Mayra Cabrera
- Karen Munoz
- Maurice Mendel, IIB member
- Catherine Crowley, IIB member and liaison
- Lily Waterston, Ex Officio
For more information, contact Lily Waterston, ASHA Director, International Programs at