How Online Conferences Work
"I appreciate the ability to expand my understanding and clinical abilities without having to take time off and pay for a flight, hotel, and other extras."
You're bound to love attending an ASHA Professional Development online conference! Online conferences are:
- Convenient. Listen to sessions whenever and wherever—even on mobile devices!
- Comprehensive. Get relevant, apply-today information and techniques that will help you work with those you serve better than before.
- Concise. These short, 1-hour sessions easily fit in your schedule!
- Effortless. Relax—there's no test! Sit back, listen to the lectures, participate in the live chats, and earn plenty of ASHA CEUs or professional development hours!
Plus, you'll have access to lectures, discussions, course handouts, presenters, and other participants—all without the trouble and expense of travel. All you need is a device with Internet access.
To get a better sense of the online conference environment, check out our
Welcome and Orientation.
ASHA Professional Development online conferences include:
"What a great and interactive way to facilitate learning directly from colleagues and presenters."
- Recorded lectures—available on demand while the conference is in session. Unlike in-person conferences with concurrent sessions, you can "attend" all the lectures!
- A discussion thread related to each lecture. Post your comments and questions, and get reactions from other conference participants and presenters.
- Live, text-based chats with presenters. During these scheduled 1-hour chats, you can interact directly with
presenters. A transcript of each chat is also available shortly after the chat ends.
- Handouts and other resources. Download and print or save handouts, as well as related resource documents, from all the lectures.
- Networking opportunities. Post a professional profile and find others with similar professional interests and specialties.
How To Access
Paid registrants can log in beginning the first day of the conference. Go to
My Account and enter your username and password. Under "ASHA Courses and Orders," select the name of the conference. Problems accessing the online conference? View our
Note: Online conferences work differently than webinars and other ASHA Professional Development courses. You do not access online conferences through the Enrolled tab in your ASHA Learning Center. Rather, online conferences appear in your ASHA Account under "ASHA Courses and Orders" beginning on the first day of the event.
upcoming online conferences and other events.