COVID-19 UPDATES: Find news and resources for audiologists, speech-language pathologists, and the public.
Latest Updates | Telepractice Resources | Email Us

State Funding Resources

Speech-Language Pathology Services and Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Devices and Services

Back to Funding Resources main page

State agencies and programs provide services to residents of their state.

Department of Health and Human Services
Provides low income guidelines utilized by state agencies for eligibility for service

Learn more about Medicaid in your state.

Title V programs
Every state and the District of Columbia has a Title V Program for Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) that is funded, in part, through the Federal Title V Maternal and Child Health Block Grant. Title V (five), provides funds to states to develop and operate public health care programs for certain children with special health care needs as well as to establish other programs to promote the health of low income mothers and children. Go to the Directory of State Title V CSHCN Programs for a state-by-state directory.

RESNA Technical Assistance Project
1700 North Moore Street
Suite 1540
Arlington, VA 22209-1903
703-524-6686 (Voice)
703-524-6630 (Fax)
703-524-6639 (TTY)

RESNA provides referrals to state programs for technical assistance in areas related to universal design, state procurement actions, and funding of assistive technology.

Rehabilitation Services (by state)

State Vocational Rehabilitation Programs
If you need speech-language services or communication devices to help you perform your job or obtain employment, contact your local state vocational rehabilitation office. Locate your local office.

Department of Public Health
Find local departments in the government listing in the phone book.

Administration on Developmental Disabilities
Listing of state programs for individuals with developmental disabilities

Federal Resources | Local Agencies/Programs | Funding Plans

ASHA Corporate Partners