- Request a letter from your home association to ASHA that affirms your current certification and/or full membership. This letter is valid one year from issue date, so it is suggested that you request your letter just prior to your submission of an application for ASHA certification.
- Take and pass the Praxis exam in speech-language pathology administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) and have ASHA listed as a score recipient. You must have received a passing score on the Praxis exam no more than 5 years prior to the submission of your application—scores older than 5 years will not be accepted. Applicants for the CCC-SLP who hold certified membership from SAC and who have passed the SAC certification exam are not required to take the Praxis examination.
- Complete the application [PDF] in black ink, making sure to include your original signature.
- Include a payment of $511 for the application fee.
- Make copies of all documents for your future reference.
- Send completed application and payment to the ASHA National Office address listed on the application.
Please contact email@example.com with questions on the application process.