Posting Date: 8/15/2023
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Finance Cluster/Financial Information Systems Team
Coach: Director, Financial Information Systems
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $95,784 – $106,427
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
The purpose of this position is to manage and support all financial information technology systems for the Association. This involves business systems including the financial accounting system, the Association Management System (AMS), third party financial information software interfacing with these systems, and financial systems and information provided by external vendors. The incumbent provides technical and end user support for the financial accounting system and the financial aspects of all other business systems including the AMS. This includes problem diagnosis, correction, documentation, and training. The incumbent develops financial, audit, and budget reports for management to ensure timely effective decision-making and adherence to service standards. The incumbent is responsible for serving as the primary point of contact for providing financial software expertise to all levels of ASHA staff.
- Analyze current business processes and systems that impact all areas of the association. Research, plan, and implement improvements to achieve greater efficiency and accuracy resulting in cost savings and increased member service.
- Creates financial models based on analyses to support organizational decision making.
- Implement new software including design, testing, configuration, documentation, training, and post implementation review. The projects include the integration of new products, product enhancements, product upgrades, and interfaces between financial systems and other software applications. The software includes accounting, financial aspects of the AMS, and related integrated systems, in-house electronic payments, Internet eCommerce, tax preparation and filing, financial reporting, AMS reporting, and document management.
- Assist users in development of system requirements and specifications including testing plans. Assist in the evaluation of software options using processing scenarios. This includes the accounting systems and the financial aspects of the AMS.
- Train, inform, coach, and educate ASHA employees about system-related accounting policies, proper internal control, and business and software procedures.
- Maintain all aspects of the financial accounting systems and the financial aspects of the AMS.
- Design, program, and create reports in l BI Reporting, and FRx software using data from the Accounting and/or AMS systems including management reports, audit reports, workflow and service standards analysis, and cash flow projections.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- At least 5–8 years of progressively responsible related experience. Experience with a large membership organization is preferred.
- Baccalaureate degree in accounting with focus on information technology or Baccalaureate degree in information technology with focus on accounting
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and budgeting.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with requirement development and analysis; system selection, testing, and implementation; and use of automated financial accounting and association management systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accrual basis, cash basis, and tax basis accounting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Pronouncements (including FASBs 116, 117, and 124) affecting not-for-profit organizations.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL administration and relational database financial and management systems.
- Advanced skills in Excel, FRx Reports, BI Reporting, and intermediate skills in Word and Access.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated success in testing, implementing, and maintaining financial information technology of a major organization.
- Excellent organizational, project management and decision-making skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications.