Webinar: Enhancing Service Delivery Across the Continuum
As the professional landscape continues to evolve, audiologists and speech-language pathologists must provide high-quality, skilled services while at the same time serving a greater number of individuals and demonstrating the value of the services that they provide. This webinar explores current trends in the
professions and offers advice to help professionals manage their workload, make the most of their time, and best serve new and existing clients, patients, and students. Specifically, the webinar will discuss practicing at the top of the license, working with assistants, using the International Classification of
Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) framework to document services, exploring and implementing a range of service delivery options, and collaborating with an interprofessional team. The webinar will also point to ASHA’s resources to help professionals achieve these goals.
This course is offered to ASHA members at no charge as a member benefit.
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify ways to practice at the top of the license
- Write functional goals using the ICF framework
- Manage your workload by implementing alternative service delivery options, such as consultations or telepractice
- ASHA’s Envisioned Future and ASHA’s Strategic Pathway
- The changing health care and education landscapes
- What it means to reframe the speech-language pathology profession
- Service delivery options—including the use of speech-language pathology assistants (SLPAs), telepractice, and interprofessional education/interprofessional collaborative practice (IPE/IPP)
- Writing functional goals using the ICF framework
- What you can do today to make a change
Webinar and Resource Materials
Lemmietta McNeilly, PhD, CCC-SLP, ASHA’s Chief Staff Officer for Speech-Language Pathology
presenter bios and disclosures [PDF].
CE Credit: 0.15 ASHA CEUs (1.5 PDHs)
Type of Course: Self-study webinar
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Content Area: Professional