Frequently Asked Questions: ASHA and CE Broker
I'm licensed in Florida, Ohio, and/or South Carolina; how do I get my ASHA CEUs sent to CE Broker?
Give ASHA your license number, your first and last name as printed on your license, and choose the option to report your credit; take courses offered for ASHA CEUs, follow the provider’s instructions to request ASHA CEUs and
pay the ASHA CE Registry fee for the applicable year.
How can I give my Florida, Ohio, and/or South Carolina license number(s) to ASHA?
Follow these steps:
- Select "My Account" found in the upper right hand corner of the
- Login by entering your e-mail address and password.
- From the "My Account" page, go to the heading "Manage Your Information," and select "License and Credentials." You may update this information at any time.
Note: If you are not yet registered with
www.asha.org follow these instructions. Select "Login" in the upper right hand corner of the
ASHA website and create a new account.
Why does ASHA need my Florida, Ohio, and/or South Carolina license number(s)?
Your license number is the identifying information ASHA uses to submit ASHA CEUs to CE Broker, the continuing education tracking database used by the Florida, Ohio, and South Carolina Boards of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.
What happens if I do not give my Florida, Ohio, or South Carolina license number(s) to ASHA?
ASHA will not be able to submit your ASHA CEUs to CE Broker.
When will ASHA transmit my ASHA CEUs to CE Broker?
ASHA transmits course participation records to CE Broker daily on behalf of individuals who have paid the ASHA CE Registry fee and for whom ASHA has an individual's Florida, Ohio, and/or South Carolina license number.
Will ASHA transmit anything to CE Broker if I took a course that was offered for ASHA CEUs but did not request ASHA CEUs?
No. The only records ASHA has of an individual's participation in a course is through the Provider’s records of who requested ASHA CEUs at the time of the event. You may be able to self-submit the course directly to CE Broker.
Important Note: If you did not request ASHA CEUs at the conclusion of the event or submit information electronically to the Provider per the Provider's instructions, you can't request to earn ASHA CEUs retroactively.
I completed an ASHA CEU Participant Form but did not pay the CE Registry fee. Will that course record be sent to CE Broker?
No. Only valid ASHA CEUs for your active state licensing interval will be sent to CE Broker. However, you may pay the CE Registry fee for the current and/or previous years in order to earn ASHA CEUs. ASHA CEUs can only be awarded for past course if ASHA CEUs were requested from the provided at the time of course
completion. Call the Action Center at 800-498-2071 for assistance.
Do I have to be a member of ASHA to use the CE Registry?
No, but you do need to meet at least one of the following conditions in order to be eligible to earn ASHA CEUs:
- ASHA member (includes life members and international affiliates);
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) holder;
- licensed by a state or provincial regulatory agency to practice speech-language pathology or audiology;
- credentialed by a state regulatory agency to practice speech-language pathology or audiology;
- credentialed by a national regulatory agency to practice speech-language pathology or audiology;
- engaged in a Clinical Fellowship under the supervision of an individual with their ASHA CCC's.