Award for Continuing Education (ACE)
The ACE is a formal recognition of professionals who have demonstrated their commitment to lifelong learning by earning 7.0 ASHA continuing education units (CEUs) (equivalent to 70 contact hours) within a 36-month period. This is not based on calendar years or the Certification
Maintenance Interval. The ACE is awarded only to those who earn ASHA CEUs through participating in the ASHA Continuing Education (CE) Registry and meet the eligibility criteria listed below.
How to Earn an ACE
The ACE is awarded to those individuals who:
- participate in the ASHA CE Registry by having paid for the applicable CE Registry fee(s),
- have earned 7.0
ASHA CEUs (equivalent to 70 Professional Development Hours) within a 36-month period (a course may count only one time toward the 7.0 ASHA CEUs to earn the ACE), and
- qualify in one or more of the following eligibility categories at the time they complete the course:
- ASHA member
- ASHA member who holds ASHA's Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
- Nonmembers who hold ASHA's CCC
Receiving Your ACE
The ACE is automatically awarded to individuals who have earned the required ASHA CEUs within a 36-month period (i.e., those earned in the preceding 3-year period). Award notification is sent via postal mail. Within the package, you will find an order form for an ACE certificate. Please
allow at least 90 days from the date you completed your last applicable course before expecting to receive
View your online
CE transcript to see the course hours and courses that are listed.
Recognition for Receiving an ACE
ACE recipients are recognized in the following ways:
Recipient's name is listed on the ASHA website.
- Recipient's name is submitted to the member's state association for publication.
- Recipient receives award documentation that can be used for employment/promotional purposes.
- Recipient is eligible for a 10% discount on professional liability insurance (
- Recipients have the option to purchase an official (8"×10" portrait layout) ACE certificate (view a
sample certificate [PDF]).
How I "ACE"d ASHA Continuing Education
For more information about the ACE or to order an ACE certificate,
contact ASHA Continuing Education or call 301-296-8591.