Perspectives of the ASHA Special Interest Groups
Perspectives of the ASHA Special Interest Groups is the online, peer-reviewed journal of the Special Interest Groups (SIGs). Replacing the individual Perspectives titles previously published for each SIG, it features articles from all 19 SIGs and enables readers to earn ASHA Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for self-study.
Earn ASHA CEUs by Studying Perspectives
SIGs page on the ASHA Store and choose a SIG from the left hand navigation or
see all SIG exams. When choosing to purchase an exam:
- You will be prompted to log in; use your ASHA ID and password.
- Make sure you have your credit card handy. The test site accepts Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and Discover. A fee of $5 will be charged for processing the forms. Payment is online by credit card only.
- You will receive immediate feedback about whether you passed the test.
- If you scored a passing grade, you will receive a Certificate of Completion online.
- If you are a member of the
ASHA CE Registry, your results will be transmitted and the number of ASHA CEUs earned will be recorded (allow 4–6 weeks). Only the ASHA CE Registry awards ASHA CEUs.
- If you did not receive a passing score, you will have the opportunity to take the test again immediately or at a future date as long as you do so before the deadline for submission.
About Perspectives Continuing Education Exams webpage for frequently asked questions.
- Read through the questions before reading the articles. This could be done on an article-by-article basis, reading questions (typically no more than 5 per article) for one article and then reading the article online. If you review the questions first, you may find it isn't necessary to print out the entire article.
- Try downloading the PDF of the full issue, or the self-study questions if applicable, and saving the files on your computer. The articles can then be read and the test taken at a later date, without accessing the site again.