Perspectives of the ASHA Special Interest Groups
Perspectives of the ASHA Special Interest Groups is the online, peer-reviewed journal of the Special Interest Groups (SIGs). Replacing the individual Perspectives titles previously published for each SIG, it features articles from all 19 SIGs and enables readers to earn ASHA Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for self-study.
Earn ASHA CEUs by Studying Perspectives
You can earn ASHA CEUs through self-study of SIG Perspectives in two ways.
- Purchase a Perspectives course from your SIG in the ASHA Store for just $5 per learning assessment (each course is composed of Perspectives articles and a learning assessment).
- Subscribe to the ASHA Learning Pass as a SIG affiliate, and get access to Perspectives courses from all 19 SIGs, in addition to 900+ hours of additional ASHA-produced content, all eligible for ASHA CEUs.
Whichever purchase option you choose, simply log into the ASHA Learning Center to complete the course. Read the articles and complete the learning assessment.
- If the course has a multiple-choice exam as the learning assessment, you will receive immediate feedback about whether you passed.
- If you did pass, you will receive a Certificate of Completion immediately. If you did not pass, you can try to take the exam again.
- If the course has an open-ended question as the assessment, you will receive a Certification of Completion immediately upon submitting the assessment.
- If you are a member of the
ASHA CE Registry, your results will be transmitted and the number of ASHA CEUs earned will be recorded (allow 4–6 weeks). Only the ASHA CE Registry awards ASHA CEUs.
- Read through the exam questions or review the open-ended question before reading the articles so you know what to look for while reading.
- You can download the PDF of the articles and save them to your computer so you can print and/or read them at your convenience. Then log back into the system to complete the learning assessment.