May is Better Hearing and Speech Month! What better time of the year than BHSM to participate in ASHA’s 2022 Virtual Advocacy Event? You can support ASHA’s advocacy efforts by sending prewritten messages (that can be personalized!) to your members of Congress.
I Want to Advocate Now!
Here’s How You Can Make an Impact
- Select an issue below
- Review the prewritten message (consider adding personalized text for greater impact)
- Fill in your name and home address (this identifies your elected officials)
- Click "Send Message" to send the message to your elected officials
Go Further; Get Social
Share that you advocated with your social network. Be sure to tag @ASHAAdvocacy and @ASHAWeb, and use the hashtags #ASHAAdvocacy, #BHSM, #audpeeps, #slpeeps so we can see and share them too!
ASHA will be putting stories together all month long with photos from you! Here’s how to participate:
- Pick a poster [PDF] to print out and write down what issue you’re most passionate about. It could be something like:
- I’m advocating for Medicare patients to have access to audiologists for diagnosis & treatment
- I’m advocating for permanent access to telehealth services by audiologists and SLPs
- I’m advocating for more funding in schools for special ed
- Hold up your poster and take a selfie (choose your favorite)
- Upload it to your Instagram account and be sure to add our handle @ashaweb and #ASHAAdvocacy #BHSM
Email Amir Nasser, ASHA’s advocacy communications coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.