ASHA developed this program to engage clinical audiology early career professionals (ECPs) with ASHA through virtual monthly presentations and in-person activities at the ASHA Convention. ASHA defines an audiology early career professional as an audiologist who has worked in the profession for 5 years or fewer.
The program will begin in January and run through November 2024. Participants will explore professional development topics each month and be part of an online community where they can connect with their cohort during the year and beyond. If accepted into this program, participants will receive a registration waiver to attend the 2024 ASHA Convention in Seattle, December 5–7, 2024.
Monthly presentations will include (but are not limited to) the following topic areas:
- Supporting audiology ECPs as emerging leaders
- Avoiding burnout
- Understanding billing/coding/payment
- Establishing and strengthening mentored relationships
- Transitioning to preceptors/supervisory roles
- Getting involved with community, state, and national organizations
- Engaging in professional advocacy
Eligibility and Requirements
- ASHA-identified audiology ECPs who have worked in the profession for 5 or fewer years. You do not have to be an ASHA member or have your CCC-A to apply. However, you will need to create an ASHA login ID and password through the application link.
- Attendance is required at the following events (Convention events will not occur during educational sessions):
- All virtual, monthly program presentations starting in January 2024; topics will include leadership, networking, advocacy, coding/reimbursement, and more. (Individual circumstances will be considered if conflicts arise that prevent attendance.)
- ASHA Convention 2024 activities:
- Audiology ECPs Kickoff Breakfast—Thursday, December 5, 7:00–8:15 a.m.
- Audiology ECPs Networking Happy Hour—Thursday, December 5, 6:00–7:30 p.m.
- “Hear, Here” Audiology Open House—Friday, December 6, 8:30–11:00 p.m. (You do not need to attend the entire time.)
- Other networking events TBD
How to Apply
If you are an audiology ECP (ASHA member or nonmember) in your first 5 years of practice, you are eligible to participate in this program and obtain free registration to the 2024 ASHA Convention in Seattle. The application period is November 1 – 30, 2023. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by email no later than December 11, 2023.
Registration for the 2024 ASHA Convention will open on August 1, 2024.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.