ASHA developed this program to engage clinical audiology early career professionals (ECPs) with ASHA through virtual monthly presentations and at the 2022 ASHA Convention. ASHA defines an audiology early career professional as an audiologist who has worked in the profession for 5 years or fewer; however, due to the program’s “HOLD” status for the past 2 years, ASHA will accept any audiologist who has worked in the profession for 7 years or fewer (for the 2022 program).
The program will begin in January and run through November 2022. Participants will have an opportunity to explore professional development through ASHA and to connect with a community of audiology ECPs. Professional development offerings will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Highlight and support audiology ECPs as emerging leaders within the profession through program offerings
- Understand how to approach challenging workplace dilemmas
- Strengthen participants’ ability to establish mentored relationships
- Transition to preceptors/supervisory roles
- Promote participants’ involvement with community, state, and national organizations to provide insight into current and future professional roles
- Encourage professional advocacy
- Create an online community of support to connect audiology ECPs with their cohort beyond the annual program and ASHA Convention
If accepted into this program, participants will receive a registration waiver to attend the 2022 ASHA Convention in New Orleans.
Eligibility and Requirements
- ASHA-identified audiology ECPs who have worked in the profession for 7 or fewer years. You do not have to be an ASHA member or have your CCC-A to apply. However, you will need to create an ASHA login ID and password through the application link.
- Attendance is required at the following events:
- All virtual, monthly program presentations starting in January 2022; topics will include leadership, networking, advocacy, coding/reimbursement, and so forth. (Individual circumstances will be considered if conflicts arise.)
- The following ASHA Convention 2022 Activities:
- Networking Breakfast—Thursday, November 17, time and place TBD, New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Audiology ECPs Networking Luncheon—details TBD
- Audiology ECPs Networking Happy Hour—details TBD
- “Hear, Here” Audiology Open House—Friday, November 18, 8:30–11:00 p.m. (you do not need to attend the entire time)
- Other networking events—details TBD
How to Apply
If you are an audiology ECP (ASHA member or non-member) in your first 7 years of practice and would like to participate in this program and obtain free registration to the 2022 ASHA Convention in New Orleans, you can access the application here. The application period is November 5 – December 14, 2021. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by email no later than December 29, 2021.
Registration for the 2022 ASHA Convention will open on August 1, 2022.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.