Are you a doctor of audiology (AuD) student who would like to attend the ASHA Convention? If yes, then this program is for you! We developed the Audiology Students at the ASHA Convention program to engage clinical AuD students like yourself with ASHA and National NSSLHA through the Annual ASHA Convention. Please bookmark this page and check back periodically, as we will continue to update the information.
The program provides the following benefits:
- Free registration to attend the ASHA Convention in Boston November 16–18, 2023
PLEASE NOTE: Participants must cover travel, hotel, and most meal expenses.
- Free 1-year membership in National NSSLHA
- Networking events with AuD student peers from across the country
- Opportunity to form mentoring relationships
- A chance to meet and interact with audiology leaders
Eligibility and Requirements
- Audiology students enrolled full time in an AuD program
- Agreement to attend the in-person ASHA Convention and all required in-person events
- Attendance is required at the following events:
- Kick-Off Breakfast—Thursday, November 16, 7:00 a.m., Convention Center Room 52B
- Audiology Students and Audiology Early Career Professionals Networking Event—Thursday, November 16, 6:00 p.m., D's Keys
- "Hear, Here!" Audiology Open House sponsored by Duearity, Educational Audiology Association, Hamilton CapTel, HearingLife, Oticon, ReSound, Sound Scouts, and Starkey—Friday November 17, 8:30–11:00 p.m. (you do not need to attend the entire time), Omni, Ensemble South Prefunction
The Convention offers best-in-class education sessions on clinical topics, as well as ample opportunity to network with fellow students and clinical practitioners. Visit the Audiology at the ASHA Convention webpage for Convention highlights for audiologists.
How to Apply
Space is limited, so apply now! If there are more applicants than available spots, selection will occur on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application period is April 25 – June 15, 2023. Accepted applicants will be notified by July 2023, and will receive their National NSSLHA membership welcome letter by mid-September. Participants can then register for the ASHA Convention using the code provided with confirmation of acceptance into the program, and their registration fee will be waived. Convention registration for program participants opens in mid-September.
Read more about National NSSLHA membership benefits. Find more resources and information for students.
Recommended Events and Activities
The 2023 in-person ASHA Convention will open Wednesday evening and close early on Saturday afternoon. Audiology programming, including the Research Symposium on Hearing, will occur on Saturday. The Exhibit Hall will close on Friday evening, November 17.
- National NSSLHA Awards & Celebration
- Thursday, November 16
- District Hall Boston, 7:00–9:00 p.m.
- Multicultural Concerns Collective (MC2) Networking Reception
- Thursday, November 16, 8:00–10:00 p.m.
- Location TBD
- Connect with participants in this year’s Minority Student Leadership Program and with colleagues from the National Black Association for Speech-Language and Hearing as well as the L’GASP-LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender), Hispanic, Asian/Pacific Islander, Asian Indian, and Native American Caucuses.
- Audiology Square
- November 16–18
- Audiology exhibit area in Convention Center Exhibit Hall, Booth TBD
- Meet with Audiology Practices staff, pick up fun giveaways
- Visit the Starkey Lounge (sponsored by Starkey) near audiology education sessions
- Welcome Reception and Convention Kickoff
- Wednesday, November 15
- Convention Center Exhibit Hall, 4:30–6:30 p.m.
- Audiology and Hearing-Related SIGnificant Luncheon
- Friday, November 17
- 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m., Convention Center Room 52A
- Sponsored by Hamilton CapTel, Interacoustics, and Oticon
- Learn about ASHA Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Seating will be limited, so plan to arrive early!
- General Audiology – #audpeeps, #IChooseAudiology
- General AuD Student – #aud2b
- Convention – #ASHA2023
- Follow @asha_events on Twitter and @ashaweb on Instagram and use @asha_events to connect with fellow attendees in Boston.