View Past Recipients
The Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Contributions in Clinical Achievement is designed to recognize outstanding clinical achievement as an audiologist and/or a speech-language pathologist who has been actively engaged in the direct provision of clinical services for a minimum of 5 years in one or more of the following areas:
- Provision of clinical services in settings to include but not limited to schools, clinics, private practice, skilled nursing facilities, medical facilities, and university facilities.
- Development of new and innovative therapeutic and/or service delivery models, materials, and products.
- Research and publications, including authorship or collaboration on the publication of research articles, reports, books, chapters, or other documents that inform effective practice in audiology or speech-language pathology.
- Involvement in evidence-based program development, continuing education activities developed and provided, mentoring and/or supervision of ASHA Clinical Fellows, audiology or speech-language pathology students, or audiology or speech-language pathology assistants.
- Advocacy and outreach (e.g., legislative, licensing, participation on state/local committees that promote speech and hearing, and/or health and education committees).
More than one award may be given each year.
The Committee on Honors awards nominees solely on the information provided in the nomination document prepared by the sponsor. When information and/or documentation are incomplete, the Committee may be unable to award deserving individuals
- Sponsor and nominee are ASHA members in good standing.
- An individual working in the schools and nominated for this award may not simultaneously be nominated for the Preschool through Grade 12 award.
- Sponsor has provided the following factual information in support of the nominee:
- Outcomes that document the achievements
- Sponsor’s letter of support detailing the nominee’s credentials (including appropriate honors or recognition) and specific contributions in sufficient detail to distinguish these contributions from generic activities and a description of the significance of the contributions
- Nominee’s brief professional vita
- Nomination material, including all supporting documentation, may not exceed five single-spaced pages with a 12-point font size
- All supporting documentation must be combined into one PDF document.
- General Requirements
Failure to adhere to all required components and instructions will result in rejection of the nomination, including any materials exceeding the specified number of pages.
Nomination schedule and submission process
Still Have Questions? Contact email@example.com.