- Members of the ASHA
Committee on Honors and
Board of Directors are not eligible to be nominated, nor are they eligible to sponsor/co-sponsor or participate in any manner in a nomination.
- An individual member may participate as sponsor or cosponsor for a maximum of three award nominations in any calendar year. Exceeding the maximum number will invalidate all nominations sponsored or cosponsored by the individual.
- Only applications that are completed and submitted in their entirety by the posted deadline will be reviewed by the Honors Committee. Adherence to the posted deadlines will be strictly enforced by staff and COH members.
- No more than one application may be submitted for an individual (or group as defined by the specific award criteria) in same award category. Duplicate applications submitted by different sponsor(s) for the same individual (or group) for the same award
will invalidate all applications.
- The sponsor's narrative and co-sponsors' statements/attachments must include either an original handwritten or electronic signature. An
electronic signature is created by using software to demonstrate electronic proof that confirms the identity of the signatory and links the electronic signature validation data to that person. It is not the sponsor’s name typed in a stylized font.
- Nominees have never violated the spirit of LC 7-94:
"That no member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing
Association (ASHA) holding an elected office, staff position, or
appointment to an ASHA board, committee, council, or task force shall
hold membership in any organization that practices invidious
discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, gender, age, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, or disability."
- Nominees are living ASHA members at the time the award decision is made. Should the nominee no longer be living, it is the responsibility of the sponsor to notify the Committee on Honors (e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org). Note: The
Distinguished Service Award is designed to recognize living persons who
are not ASHA members.
- Nominees and/or sponsors are ASHA members in good standing (if ASHA membership is required in the application) by the closing deadline for the Call for Awards Nominations.
- Self nominations are not permitted.
- All supporting documentation is single-spaced with 12-point font.
- All supporting documentation is combined and attached to application as one pdf document.
- Please note that staff is not empowered and cannot ensure compliance with regards to the technical aspect of an application as it is the sole responsibility of the COH to make that determination.
Failure to adhere to all required components and instructions will result in rejection of the nomination.