- Understands opposites, like go–stop, big–little, and up–down.
- Follows 2-part directions, like "Get the spoon and put it on the table."
- Understands new words quickly.
- Has a word for almost everything.
- Talks about things that are not in the room.
- Uses k, g, f, t, d, and n in words.
- Uses words like in, on, and under.
- Uses two- or three- words to talk about and ask for things.
- People who know your child can understand him.
- Asks “Why?”
- Puts 3 words together to talk about things. May repeat some words and sounds.