Select Papers From the 47th Clinical Aphasiology Conference
Already an ASHA Learning Pass subscriber?
This journal self-study includes select papers that were presented at the 2017 Clinical Aphasiology Conference in Snowbird, Utah. The articles reflect the wide array of topics presented on aphasia treatment, tools, and outcomes. Also included is an article that ties ideas from the conference keynote to research in communication disorders. Clinicians can expand their knowledge by learning about the current state of aphasia research.
You will be able
- discuss how the results of animal research on enriched environments inform research on communication in people with aphasia
- describe novel issues related to established treatments, such as Semantic Feature Analysis and Response Elaboration Training
- explain the impact of treatment considerations, such as speed-accuracy trade-offs, and communication modalities on language comprehension and expression in people with aphasia
- discuss new research findings affecting narrative and discourse assessment and treatment
- explain how cognitive rehabilitation can be enhanced to provide more benefit to young adults with brain injury
Online, multiple-choice exam