Essential Steps to Start a Private Practice
Maximize your chances of success by learning the essential tools to starting a private practice. In this program, you’ll learn a systematic way to assess your market (clients, patients), your industry (competitors and alternatives to your services), and your team (the unique factors that distinguish your business). You’ll get the tools to create a business plan that will guide you through your day-to-day operations, help you secure appropriate funding, and keep you on track as your business grows and changes. Finally, you’ll learn about the different corporate structures for private practice and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
You will be able to:
- assess the attractiveness of the industry and the market in which you operate
- identify critical success factors for your business
- create an effective business plan to facilitate success for your new business
- determine which structure is best for your practice
- list the necessary documents to implement your preferred corporate structure
What is an eWorkshop?
An ASHA eWorkshop is a slide- and video-based workshop you can watch at your leisure.
Online, multiple-choice exam
To complete this program, you will need the following plugins:
And one of the following browsers:
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Reader
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or later, Netscape 7.x, Firefox 1.x or later, or Opera 7.11
- Mac OS X: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.2, Netscape 7.x, Mozilla 1.x, Opera 6, or Safari 1.0 (Mac OS 10.2x or later only)
- Linux: Konqueror 3.3.1, Mozilla 1.7.3, Firefox 1.x