CAPDs in Schools
This course includes two recorded sessions from ASHA’s 2018
Schools Connect conference, held in July in Baltimore, Maryland. The sessions discuss
specific central auditory processing disorders (CAPDs) and their impact on
students’ communication, academics, and sense of self, as well as strategies
for writing effective intervention goals that are aligned with curricular
The two sessions are:
- Managing CAPDs at School and Home, by Jeanane M. Ferre, PhD, CCC-A (91
- Common Core-Aligned Interventions for Students With CAPDs, by Jeanane M. Ferre,
PhD, CCC-A (89 minutes)
You will be able to:
- use and teach simple techniques that improve
access to and use of auditory information for all students, especially those
with a CAPD
- write effective intervention goals aligned
with Common Core State Standards/state-specific standards to improve central
auditory processing skills
- recommend and implement effective
computer-assisted training for use at school and home to enhance processing
What is Included?
You'll get online access to all the course content, including the full video, handouts, and references so you can access it from anywhere!
Self-assessment—Think about what you learned and report on the Completion Form how you will use your new knowledge.