ASHA is searching for our TikTok savvy members and CSD students with a passion for content creation and CSD to become official TikTok creators for ASHA ads in 2022. Could it be you?
Each creator will produce videos that will inspire, enlighten, and engage others about being or becoming an audiologist or speech-language pathologist. You will help us show the world the importance and need for others like you in the field!
- Must be a current CSD student or ASHA member.
- Have experience using and creating videos on TikTok and/or Instagram Reels.
- ASHA wants to see your perspective on the professions and what you’ll bring to the TikTok ads.
- Create and submit a 30–60 second TikTok video of your choice that you could see being used by ASHA for potential CSD students.
How to Submit Video
- Click the link below and follow these steps to submit your video.
- Scroll down below the login (you do not need to log in) and drag your file into the upload box (or click the box to select your file).
- On the next screen, enter firstname.lastname@example.org as the recipient.
- Enter your own email address as the sender.
- Complete the security check.
- Click send files.
Submit Your Video
We have compiled the following recommendations to let you in on what we are looking for.
- Time limit: 30–60 seconds. Keep it short but sweet, and to the point.
- Consider the target audience–these ads are to introduce high school and undergraduate students to the discipline.
- Videos should be entertaining and/or humorous. Content should be simple and easy to understand.
- Use clear, legible fonts and colors (avoid the “handwriting” or “neon” font on TikTok).
- Avoid using too many filters and effects.
- Consider contrast (ex. don’t use a green font color with a red background).
- Take your time in each frame, audience should be able to read the text or hear the statement on each frame before the next.
- Be aware of video surroundings and backgrounds used when recording.
- Take advantage of trending sounds, songs, or content such as a popular dance or movements.
- Don’t use explicit sounds, songs, or content. Submissions using any will not be considered.
- Most importantly, have fun and be creative!
Thinking About What Kind of Video to Create? Here Are Some Suggested Topics
- Why did I choose audiology/speech-language pathology/CSD?
- Three things I love about being an audiologist/SLP…
- Three things I look forward to when I become an audiologist/SLP…
- What I wish I knew in high school…
- A day in the life of an audiologist/SLP or student…
- How to use EdFind to search for degree programs (or other how-to videos).
- Finger pointing
- Partition by Beyonce drop dance
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.