The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
Posting Date: 2/17/2023
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: IS Cluster / Network Services Team
Coach: Director, Network Services
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $60,965 – $67,739
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
The purpose of this position is to provide support for the organization’s desktop computing environment, including installing and maintaining desktop hardware and software; receiving and logging user support calls; diagnosing and resolving support calls or assigning calls to appropriate staff; and maintaining hardware and software inventory.
- Answers calls and emails to the IS service desk in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner. Logs and updates calls in the service desk tracking system.
- Performs diagnosis and basic troubleshooting for all system service requests related to supported software and hardware.
- Resolves basic hardware, software, and network connectivity problems and provides technical assistance to users. Assigns other calls to appropriate staff.
- Installs, configures, and tests PCs and related peripheral equipment such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and PDAs.
- Performs trouble shooting and repairs to hardware and arranges for outside vendor service when necessary.
- Loads, configures, and tests software such as operating systems, office applications, and communications programs in a LAN environment.
- Maintains software, hardware, and supplies inventory.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Obtaining an associate degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management.
- One to two years related experience.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Detailed knowledge and experience with the configuration and operations of Windows 10 and Office 365.
- Detailed knowledge and experience with maintenance and replacement of basic PC and printer components.
- Some knowledge of network and Internet connectivity concepts.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications for troubleshooting and evaluation purposes.
- Customer service skills.