The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
Posting Date: 6/09/2022
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Operations / Facility Management
Coach: Senior Director of Facility Management
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $47,653 – $52,947
FLSA Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
The purpose of this position is to provide support for meetings held at ASHA’s National Office. (This includes weekend meeting support.)
- Plan, order, and serve healthy meals while taking into consideration individual dietary restrictions within budgeted guidelines.
- Provide beverage service, set-up, and clean-up for meals.
- Ensure that meals and beverages are served in strict compliance with safe food handling guidelines.
- Review the calendar frequently to ensure that all meeting requirements, including room set-up, are met.
- Complete purchase requisitions and orders for the prompt payment of invoices.
- Arrange ground transportation for meeting participants, as necessary.
- Assist with special projects and tasks assigned to the Facilities Cluster.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- High school degree, AA degree preferred
- At least 1–3 years in a similar position
- Successful completion of a certified food handling course
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Current driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to consistently apply safe food handling guidelines
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated rational decision making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to remain consistently polite and professional in all situations and to maintain effective interpersonal working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to provide close attention to detail while consistently completing all tasks on time.
- Ability to provide support for meetings held on weekends.