The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
Posting Date: 11/4/2022
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Information Systems
Coach: Chief Staff Officer for Operations
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $187,300 – $208,112
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
The purpose of this position is to provide strategic and technical leadership, managing and coordinating all aspects of technology and information services in support of the Association's goals and operations. Emphasis is placed on managing multiple technology priorities and the direction of all work related to day-to-day management of staff and operations for network administration, data management, business intelligence, business systems analysis, cybersecurity, and application development services. Specific activities include long-range planning, technology project portfolio management and resource management, budget development and management, assuring the quality of system implementation, communicating with management and users about technology strategy and standards, and working closely with vendors and external organizations.
- Takes a proactive role in identifying and meeting the technology and information systems needs of ASHA’s National Office (N.O.). Evaluates all IS service requests, verifying alignment with long-range goals and developing plans to identify, implement, and evaluate effective technology solutions; prioritizes and directs all related application development and technology acquisition activities.
- Working with Project Portfolio Management Team, allocate resources and determine sequencing of projects. Provide information to ASHA’s Facilitating Team (executive team) regarding project prioritization. This includes assigning and directing all related application development and technology acquisition activities.
- Performs operational and strategic technology planning to accomplish ASHA's objectives including budget estimates and timelines for implementation.
- Provides coaching and leadership to the Information Systems Cluster staff, focusing on maintaining a healthy culture and adherence to norms, facilitating communications, developing staff skillsets, and ensuring productivity.
- Ensures the integrity, availability, and security of all hardware, software, and data through establishing and enforcing technology policies and procedures.
- Develops and manages technology operating and capital budgets.
- Approves the selection, purchase, and installation of information technology hardware, software, and related services, negotiates purchase agreements and contract services, and manages vendor relationships.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with business owners throughout the N.O., consulting as needed in the development of unit-level technology strategies and ensuring integration with overall ASHA strategies and priorities.
- Evaluates emerging technology to determine the possible applicability and benefit for ASHA.
- Ensures N.O. staff receive timely and effective response and resolution to technology issues.
- Oversees technology training and communication for ASHA staff to improve technology literacy and ensure effective adoption of new technology.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Obtaining a bachelor's degree in information systems or related field. Master’s degree in information systems or business administration or related field preferred.
- Six to ten years of directly related work experience.
- Experience working for a nonprofit or association preferred. CAE preferred.
- Four or more years supervisory experience leading teams. Having experience with both direct and indirect reports preferred.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated success in developing and enhancing the information technology resources for a major organization
- Familiarity with best practices in business analysis and consulting
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with network management
- Familiarity with principles of data architecture, data governance, data migrations, data integrations
- Familiarity with business intelligence, data reporting, and analytics
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated skills leading and coaching diverse teams
- Demonstrated success in conducting operational and strategic planning activities in large, complex member associations or similar not-for-profit organizations
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Experience with a large professional association is preferred
- Demonstrated involvement in association and professional activities preferred