Early Career Professionals at the ASHA Convention
This program was developed to engage clinical Audiology Early Career Professionals (ECPs) with ASHA through the Annual ASHA Convention. ASHA defines Early Career Professionals as those who have worked in the profession for 5 years or fewer.
The program offers participants an opportunity to explore professional development through ASHA and to connect with a community of Audiology ECPs. Goals of the program include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Highlight and support Audiology ECPs as emerging leaders within the profession through specific program offerings
- Strengthen participants' professional skills and résumés through networking and learning opportunities
- Promote participants' involvement with community, state, and national organizations to provide insight into current and future professional roles
- Encourage professional advocacy
- Create an online community of support to connect Audiology ECPs with their cohort beyond the ASHA Convention
If accepted into this program, participants will receive a registration waiver to attend the 2019 ASHA Convention in Orlando, Florida, November 21–23, 2019.
Eligibility and Requirements
- ASHA identified Audiology ECPs as those who have worked in the profession for 5 years or fewer. You do not have to be an ASHA member or have your CCC-A to apply. However, you will need to create an ASHA login ID and password through the application link below. (See "How to Apply" section.) Previous participants are not eligible.
- Agreement (required) to attend two courses of your own choosing each day of the 2019 ASHA Convention.
- Attendance is required at the following events:
- Kick-Off Breakfast, sponsored by TIMS for Audiology—Thursday, November 21, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
- Audiology ECPs Leadership Course: Recognizing Your Leadership Value—Thursday, November 21, 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Audiology ECPs Mentoring Luncheon, sponsored by CaptionCall—Thursday, November 21, 12:30–2:00 p.m.
- Networking Event—Thursday, November 21, 6:30–8:30 p.m.
- "Hear, Here!" Audiology Open House, sponsored by the Educational Audiology Association, ClearCaptions, Hamilton CapTel, Oticon, MiraCell, Phonak, and TIMS for Audiology—Friday, November 22, 8:30–11:00 p.m. (you do not need to attend the entire time)
Acceptance of the required events is necessary to complete the application for this program and to receive the registration waiver.
How to Apply
Access the application for the Audiology ECPs at the ASHA Convention program. The application period is May 1 – July 1, 2019. Applications will be reviewed by an external group of ASHA-certified audiologists. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by email no
later than July 18, 2019.
Registration for the 2019 ASHA Convention will open on August 1, 2019.
For more information, please contact
email@example.com, attention Tricia Ashby or Maureen Salamat.