Early Career Professionals at the ASHA Convention
This program was developed to engage clinical Audiology Early Career Professionals (ECPs) with ASHA through the Annual ASHA Convention. ASHA defines an Audiology Early Career Professional as an audiologist who has worked in the profession for 5 years or
The program offers participants an opportunity to explore professional development through ASHA and to connect with a community of Audiology ECPs in the 2018 inaugural program cohort. Goals of the program include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Enhance participants' ability to
practice at the top of the license through focused educational programming and activities
- Highlight Audiology ECPs as everyday leaders within the profession
- Strengthen participants' professional skills and résumés through networking and learning opportunities
- Promote participants' involvement with community, state, and national organizations to provide insight into current and future professional roles
- Encourage professional advocacy
- Create an online community of support to connect Audiology ECPs with their cohort beyond the ASHA Convention
If accepted into this program, participants will receive a registration waiver to attend the 2018 ASHA Convention in Boston. A travel stipend may be provided and will be based upon potential sponsorship of this program.
Eligibility and Requirements
- ASHA identified Audiology ECPs who have worked in the profession for 5 years or fewer. You do not have to be an ASHA member or have your CCC-A to apply. However, you will need to create an ASHA login ID and password through the application link below.
- Agreement (required) to attend two courses of your own choosing each day of the 2018 ASHA Convention.
- Attendance is required at the following events:
- Kick-Off Breakfast—Thursday, November 15, 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Welcome Reception in the Exhibit Hall—Thursday, November 15, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- "Hear, Here" Audiology Reception—Friday, November 16, 8:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. (drink ticket will be provided; you do not need to attend the entire time)
- Audiology ECP Luncheon—Saturday, November 17, 12:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Audiology ECP Short Course—Saturday, November 17, 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
We strongly encourage Audiology ECPs to visit the Exhibit Hall/Career Center on Friday, November 16, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. A ticket for a box lunch will be provided if interested.
Acceptance of the required events is necessary to complete the application for this program and to receive the registration waiver.
How to Apply
Access the application for the Audiology ECPs at the ASHA Convention inaugural cohort. The application period is May 1 – June 20, 2018. Applications will be reviewed by an external group of ASHA-certified audiologists. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by e-mail no
later than July 21, 2018.
Registration for the 2018 ASHA Convention will open on August 1, 2018.
For more information, please contact