Early Career Professionals at the ASHA Convention
This program was developed to engage clinical Audiology Early Career Professionals (ECPs) with ASHA through the Annual ASHA Convention. ASHA defines Early Career Professionals as those who have worked in the profession for 5 years or fewer.
The program offers participants an opportunity to explore professional development through ASHA and to connect with a community of Audiology ECPs. Goals of the program include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Highlight and support Audiology ECPs as emerging leaders within the profession through specific program offerings
- Strengthen participants' professional skills and résumés through networking and learning opportunities
- Promote participants' involvement with community, state, and national organizations to provide insight into current and future professional roles
- Encourage professional advocacy
- Create an online community of support to connect Audiology ECPs with their cohort beyond the ASHA Convention
If accepted into this program, participants will receive a registration waiver to attend the ASHA Convention in November.
Eligibility and Requirements
- ASHA identified Audiology ECPs as those who have worked in the profession for 5 years or fewer. You do not have to be an ASHA member or have your CCC-A to apply. However, you will need to create an ASHA login ID and password through the application link below. (See "How to Apply" section.) Previous participants are not eligible.
- Agreement (required) to attend two courses of your own choosing each day of the ASHA Convention.
- Attendance is required at the following events (2019 cohort):
- Kick-Off Breakfast, sponsored by TIMS for Audiology—Thursday morning, November 21, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., Hyatt Manatee Springs 1
- Audiology ECPs Leadership Course: Recognizing Your Leadership Value Master Class—Thursday, November 21, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Hyatt Plaza K
- Audiology ECPs Mentoring Luncheon, sponsored by CaptionCall—Thursday afternoon, November 21, 12:30 – 2:00 p.m., Hyatt Plaza K
- Audiology ECPs and Audiology Students Networking Event, sponsored by CaptionCall, Redux, and Starkey Hearing Technologies—Thursday evening, November 21, 7:30 p.m., ICEBAR Orlando
- "Hear, Here!" Audiology Open House, sponsored by the Educational Audiology Association, ClearCaptions, Hamilton CapTel, HearingLife, Oticon, MiraCell, Phonak, Redux, Starkey Hearing Technologies, and TIMS for Audiology—Friday evening, November 22, 8:30–11:00 p.m. (you do not need to attend the entire time), Hyatt Plaza J
Acceptance of the required events is necessary to complete the application for this program and to receive the registration waiver.
ASHA is grateful to CaptionCall, Redux, Starkey Hearing Technologies, and TIMS for Audiology for their generous support of networking events at the 2019 Audiology ECPs at the ASHA Convention program.
How to Apply
The application period is May 1 – July 1. Applications are reviewed by an external group of ASHA-certified audiologists. Applicants are notified of their acceptance by mid-July.
Registration for the ASHA Convention open August 1.
For more information, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Tricia Ashby and Maureen Salamat.
ASHA thanks our sponsors. Sponsors are not responsible for the content of this conference nor does ASHA endorse their products or services.