Nevada Licensing Requirements for Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology

The information below is collected from state licensure boards or regulatory agencies responsible for regulating the professions of speech-language pathology and/or audiology. The information is reviewed on an annual basis. Please be advised that laws, regulations, and policies may change at any time, so always check with your state for the most up-to-date information.

Initial Licensure

Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology

  1. Master's or doctoral degree from an accredited educational institution or equivalent training and experience
  2. Three hundred clock hours of supervised clinical practicum
  3. Passage of an examination

Note: No postgraduate professional experience is required.

Note: Audiologists who dispense hearing aids must request an endorsement of the license to engage in the practice of fitting and dispensing of hearing aids and must pass an examination required for the licensure of hearing aid specialists.


  1. Physicians or persons under the direct supervision of a physician
  2. Hearing aid specialists
  3. Persons credentialed by the state Department of Education
  4. Federal employees and the Department of Health and Human Services
  5. Graduate student intern, pursuing a graduate degree in audiology or speech-language pathology
  6. Registered nurses employed as school nurse
  7. Current certificate holders from Council on the Education of the Deaf and working as a teacher of the deaf and who does not engage in private practice in Nevada


The Board may waive the examination requirement to persons who:

  • Are licensed in a state in which the licensing requirements at the time the license was issued are substantially equivalent to Nevada
  • Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) holders

The Board may issue a license by endorsement to an applicant who:

  • Holds a corresponding valid and unrestricted license to engage in the practice of audiology or speech pathology, as applicable, in the District of Columbia or any state or territory of the United States; and 
  • Is an active member of, or the spouse of an active member of, the Armed Forces of the United States, a veteran or the surviving spouse of a veteran.

Interim Practice

The Board shall issue a temporary license to persons licensed in another state upon application and payment of the fee, who meet all requirements for licensure in Nevada except for passing the examination; such license is valid until the Board publishes the results of the next exam.

Nevada does not require clinical fellowship for licensure, therefore individuals should apply directly for their initial license.

Continuing Education

Ten hours of continuing education are required each renewal cycle. Excess credits may not be carried over from one renewal period to another.

Audiology & Speech-Language Pathology Interstate Compact

Nevada is not a member state of the Audiology & Speech-Language Pathology Interstate Compact. Information on the current status of the ASLP-IC can be found on the ASLP-IC website.

Board Oversight

Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology & Hearing Aid Dispensing Board


For further information on laws and regulations for speech-language pathologists and audiologist, please visit these websites:

Questions regarding state advocacy issues? Call ASHA at 800-498-2071 and ask for the State Advocacy Team.

ASHA Corporate Partners