ASHA's Stipend Program for
IPEC's Interprofessional Faculty Development Institutes
IMPORTANT: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, IPEC has rescheduled some live events to be held virtually. IPEC is transforming the previously scheduled December 2020 IPEC Winter Faculty Development Institute to a unique virtual format. Visit the
IPEC website for further details.
As part of ASHA's Strategic Objective to advance interprofessional education and interprofessional collaborative practice, ASHA will offer a stipend program in 2020 to encourage ASHA members, as part of interprofessional teams, to participate in the
2020 IPEC Interprofessional Faculty Development Institute.
IPEC is the Interprofessional Education Collaborative working to promote, encourage, and support efforts to prepare future health professionals to enter the workforce ready for interprofessional collaborative practice that helps to ensure the health of
individuals and populations.
The overall goal of the IPEC Institutes is to provide post-baccalaureate health professions faculty and their IPE colleagues both quality time and dedicated space for guided learning, team-based planning activities, and consultation with experts and peers in order to emerge with a
programmatic action plan for IPE.
IPEC's 2020 Winter Institute is designed for interprofessional teams seeking to build a framework for IPE at their institution. The online program will take place over the span of 4 non-consecutive days (December 1, 3, 8, and 10) for 3–4 hours each day. Participants will view asynchronous online learning
modules in addition to attending synchronous sessions that will allow for live interaction with expert speakers and IPEC leaders. All Institute content will be available on-demand following the program. Additionally, participants will be invited to join a virtual community where they will continue to develop
their educational projects or curricula, network and receive feedback from colleagues and experts, and have the option to share their work with a global audience.
The 2020 IPEC Winter Institute is open to attendance by both interprofessional teams and individual participants. However, this ASHA stipend program is earmarked to support speech-language pathologists and audiologists who participate as part of interprofessional teams.
- Only ASHA members are eligible to be considered for the ASHA stipend.
- ASHA members must apply to, be accepted, and attend the 2020 IPEC Winter Institute. Application requirements, instructions, fees, and due dates are available on the
IPEC Institutes webpage.
- ASHA members must attend the IPEC Institute as part of an interprofessional team in accordance with IPEC Institute application requirements. ASHA members attending as individual participants in IPEC Institutes are not eligible for the stipend.
- Interprofessional teams are encouraged to bring a community partner (e.g., school-based audiologist or SLP).
Funds Available and Anticipated Number of
- An award stipend of up to
will be provided to offset the ASHA member’s tuition share.
- The number of stipends and the amount of each stipend awarded is contingent upon the number of ASHA members accepted by IPEC to attend the 2020 Winter Institute.
- Total stipend pool is $15,000.
Selection Process for ASHA Stipend
For questions or further information, contact