ASHA's 2020 Stipend Program for
IPEC's Interprofessional Faculty Development Institutes
As part of ASHA's Strategic Objective to advance interprofessional education and interprofessional collaborative practice, ASHA will offer a stipend program in 2020 to encourage ASHA members, as part of interprofessional teams, to participate in the
2020 IPEC Interprofessional Faculty Development Institutes in either the spring or fall.
IPEC is the Interprofessional Education Collaborative working to promote, encourage, and support efforts to prepare future health professionals so that they enter the workforce ready for interprofessional collaborative practice that helps to ensure the health of individuals and populations.
The overall goal of the IPEC Spring and Fall Institutes is to provide post-baccalaureate health professions faculty and their IPE colleagues both quality time and dedicated space for guided learning, team-based planning activities, and consultation with experts and peers in order to emerge with a
programmatic action plan for IPE.
- IPEC's Spring Institute is designed for interprofessional teams seeking to build a framework for IPE at their institution.
- IPEC's Fall Institute is designed for interprofessional teams seeking to advance and sustain an existing IPE program for collaborative practice.
For 2020, IPEC has opened the Institutes to include attendance by both interprofessional teams and individual participants. However, this ASHA stipend program is earmarked to support speech-language pathologists and audiologists who participate as part of interprofessional teams.
- Only ASHA members are eligible to be considered for the ASHA stipend.
- ASHA members must apply to, be accepted, and attend a 2020 IPEC Spring or Fall Institute. Application requirements, instructions, fees, and due dates are available on the
IPEC Institutes webpage.
- ASHA members must attend the IPEC Institute as part of an interprofessional team in accordance with IPEC Institute application requirements. ASHA members attending as individual participants in IPEC Institutes are not eligible for the stipend.
- Interprofessional teams are encouraged to bring a community partner (e.g., school-based audiologist or SLP).
Funds Available and Anticipated Number of
- An award stipend of up to $1,500 will be provided to offset the ASHA member’s tuition share and/or travel expenses.
- The number of stipends and the amount of each stipend awarded is contingent upon the number of ASHA members accepted by IPEC to attend the 2020 Spring or Fall Institutes.
- Pending the number of applications accepted, the stipend could be increased to further help defer travel costs.
- Total stipend pool is $15,000.
Selection Process for ASHA Stipend
- Applications to attend the 2020 IPEC Institutes undergo independent review and acceptance by IPEC.
- ASHA will be notified by IPEC of any accepted interprofessional teams that meet the eligibility criteria and include an ASHA member as part of the interprofessional team.
- Eligible recipients will be notified by ASHA that they are eligible to receive a stipend upon ASHA’s receipt of confirmation from IPEC of their participation in the 2020 Spring or Fall IPEC Institute.
- Eligible recipients will receive a stipend check from ASHA by December 31, 2020, following:
For questions or further information, contact