Childhood Apraxia of Speech Content Development
Content for ASHA’s Practice Portal is developed through a comprehensive process that includes multiple rounds of subject matter expert input and review. ASHA extends its gratitude to the following subject matter experts who were involved in the development of the Childhood Apraxia of Speech page.
- Tom C. Ehren, MS, CCC-SLP
- Tatyana Elleseff MA, CCC-SLP
- David W. Hammer, MA CCC-SLP
- Kathy J. Jakielski, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Nancy R. Kaufman, MA, CCC-SLP
- Barbara A. Lewis, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Rebecca J. McCauley, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Tommie L. Robinson Jr., PhD, CCC-SLP
- Ruth E. Stoeckel PhD, CCC-SLP
- Edythe A. Strand, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Shelley L. Velleman, PhD, CCC-SLP
In addition, ASHA thanks the members of the Ad Hoc Committee on Childhood Apraxia of Speech whose work was foundational to the development of this content. Members of the committee included Lawrence Shriberg (chair), Christina Gildersleeve-Neumann, David Hammer, Rebecca McCauley, Shelley Velleman, and Roseanne Clausen (ex officio). Celia Hooper, vice president for professional practices in speech-language pathology (2003–2005), and Brian Shulman, vice president for professional practices in speech-language pathology (2006–2008), served as the monitoring officers.
Citing Practice Portal Pages
The recommended citation for this Practice Portal page is:
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (n.d.). Childhood Apraxia of Speech (Practice Portal). Retrieved month, day, year, from www.asha.org/Practice-Portal/Clinical-Topics/Childhood-Apraxia-of-Speech/.