Central Auditory Processing Disorder Content Development
Content for ASHA's Practice Portal is developed through a
comprehensive process that includes multiple rounds of subject matter expert review. ASHA extends its gratitude to the following subject matter experts who reviewed content and provided feedback during the development of this page.
- Jane A. Baran, PhD, CCC-A/SLP
- Gail D. Chermak, PhD, CCC-A
- Ellen de Wit, MSc
- Tatyana Elleseff, MA, CCC-SLP
- Jeanane M. Ferre, PhD, CCC-A
- Alan G. Kamhi, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Georgina T. Lynch, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Tena L. McNamara, AuD, CCC-A/SLP
- Cynthia McCormick Richburg, PhD, CCC-A
- Deborah Ross-Swain, EdD, MS, CCC-SLP
- Andrew J. Vermiglio, AuD, CCC-A
- Geraldine P. Wallach, PhD, CCC-SLP
In addition, ASHA thanks the members of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Working Group on Auditory Processing Disorders whose work was foundational to the development of this content. Members of the working group (2002–2004) were Teri James Bellis (chair), Gail D. Chermak, Jeanane
M. Ferre, Frank E. Musiek, Gail G. Rosenberg, and Evelyn J. Williams (ex officio). Members of the Working Group (2002–2003) included Jillian A. Armour, Jodell Newman Ryan, and Michael K. Wynne. Susan J Brannen, member 2004 and vice president for professional practices in audiology (2001–2003) and Roberta B.
Aungst, vice president for professional practices in audiology (2004–2006) served as monitoring vice presidents.
Citing Practice Portal Pages
The recommended citation for this Practice Portal page is:
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. (n.d.). Central Auditory Processing Disorder. (Practice Portal). Retrieved month, day, year, from