ASHA is pleased to announce two new resources on telepractice considerations and requirements for educational audiologists and school-based speech-language pathologists:
1. The COVID-19: Tracking of State Laws and Regulations for School-Based Telepractice [PDF] includes the requirements to practice for each state as well as any changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The file is updated daily or as new information becomes available. For more information on state laws and regulations, email email@example.com.
2. The Telepractice Checklist for School-Based Professionals [PDF] can assist school practitioners with step-by-step considerations for:
- Preparation: Becoming familiar with federal, state, and ASHA resources pertinent to telepractice.
- Planning: Laying the groundwork for effective telepractice service delivery.
- Environment: Creating a professional environment to use telepractice.
- Technology/Equipment: Using suggested tips and techniques to optimize telepractice technology and equipment.
- Working with Parents and Caregivers as Facilitators: Helping parents/caregivers understand their role during the telepractice session.
Visit ASHA's Coronavirus/COVID-19 Updates webpage to find the latest information from ASHA.