ASHA's Response to Hurricane Maria
ASHA continues to monitor the situation in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the affected region, the impacts of which are still developing. The full impact of the weather-related events there has yet to be completely determined, and is compounded due to Maria following a similar path to Irma.
- FEMA issued an overall Major Disaster Declaration for Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico (DR-4339), and the U.S. Virgin Islands (DR-4340) on September 20, 2017. The federally designated counties for individual assistance are:
- Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico (DR-4339)
- Adjuntas, Aguada, Aguadilla, Aguas Buenas, Aibonito, Anasco, Arecibo, Arroyo, Barceloneta, Barranquitas, Bayamon, Cabo Rojo, Caguas, Camuy, Canovanas, Carolina, Catano, Cayey, Ceiba, Ciales, Cidra, Coamo, Comerio, Corozal, Culebra, Dorado, Fajardo, Florida, Guanica, Guayama, Guayanilla, Guaynabo, Gurabo, Hatillo, Hormigueros, Humacao, Isabela, Jayuya, Juana Diaz, Juncos, Lajas, Lares, Las Marias, Las Piedras, Loiza, Luquillo, Manati, Maricao, Maunabo, Mayaguez, Moca, Morovis, Naguabo, Naranjito, Orocovis, Patillas, Penuelas, Ponce, Quebradillas, Rincon, Rio Grande, Sabana Grande, Salinas, San German, San Juan, San Lorenzo, San Sebastian, Santa Isabel, Toa Alta, Toa Baja, Trujillo Alto, Utuado, Vega Alta, Vega Baja, Vieques, Villalba, Yabucoa, Yauco (9/29/2017)
- Hurricane Maria in U.S. Virgin Islands (DR-4340)
- Saint Croix, Saint John, Saint Thomas (9/29/2017)
- A product discount of up to 30% will be available to replace ASHA-produced items from the ASHA store for those in the impacted areas until June 1, 2018.
FEMA has information about how interested parties can donate, and ASHA members who wish to donate are encouraged to visit the list at the link. (ASHA is not set up as a charitable or philanthropic organization and therefore will not create a funding mechanism itself, but rather will direct those interested in contributing to the list above.)
The ASHA Action Center welcomes questions and requests for information from members and non-members.
contact the ASHA Action Center if you have any additional questions or requests for information.
Response to Hurricane Irma | Hurricane Harvey