ASHA's Response to Hurricane Irma
ASHA continues to monitor the situation in Florida and the affected region. FEMA issued an overall Major Disaster Declaration for Hurricane Irma in Florida (DR-4337), Georgia (DR-4338), Puerto Rico (DR-4336), and the U.S. Virgin Islands (DR-4335) on September 10, 2017. The federally designated counties for individual assistance are:
- Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Brevard, Broward, Charlotte, Citrus, Clay, Collier, Columbia , DeSoto, Duval, Flagler, Gilchrist, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Hernando, Highlands , Hillsborough, Indian River, Lake, Lee, Levy, Manatee, Marion, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe , Nassau, Okeechobee, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Putnam, Sarasota, Seminole, St. Johns, St. Lucie, Sumter, Suwannee, Union, Volusia (9/29/2017)
- Camden, Charlton, Chatham, Coffee, Glynn, Liberty, McIntosh
- Puerto Rico
- Canovanas, Culebra, Loiza, Vieques (9/29/2017)
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- St John, St. Thomas (9/29/2017)
- A product discount of up to 30% will also be available to replace ASHA-produced items from the ASHA store for those in the impacted areas.
- ASHA is in communication with the
Florida Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (FLASHA). (9/12/17)
- If you are interested in donating to relief efforts in the impacted areas, information on donation programs is available on the
FEMA website under the tab How To Help. ASHA is not set up as a charitable or philanthropic organization and we cannot accept or distribute donations. (9/12/17)
contact the ASHA Action Center if you have any additional questions or requests for information.
Hurricane Maria |