2020 Certification Standards: What You Need To Know
August 1, 2019
2:00 - 3:00 p.m. ET
Join us! Get answers to your questions about ASHA's new certification standards in audiology and speech-language pathology, which take effect on January 1, 2020. Members of ASHA's certification staff, along with current and former members of the Council for Clinical Certification in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CFCC), will be available to answer your questions. This live chat is especially important for students, academic program directors, and academic program faculty who will want to understand:
- how to navigate the new online application process
- certification standards changes that are coming in 2020
- how these standards changes affect certification application and clinical fellowships, and
- when to apply for certification (especially important for 2019 graduates!)
All current and soon-to-be certificate holders should be familiar with the new requirements for supervision and ethics professional development, and how to be prepared for implementation in 1/1/2020.
To prepare for the chat, read about the
2020 Certification Standards Changes.
- Gretchen Ehret Hoshaw, MA, CCC-SLP, ASHA Associate Director of Certification, Programs, Rockville, MD
- Mary Sue Fino-Szumski, CCC-A, CFCC Past Vice Chair for Audiology, Assistant Professor and Director of Clinical Education, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Lynn Flahive, CCC-SLP, BCS-CL, CFCC Past Chair, Clinic Director and Assistant Professor, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, TX
- Thomas Muller, CCC-A, CFCC Vice Chair for Audiology, Clinical Associate Professor and Coordinator of Clinical Education in Audiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Todd Philbrick, CAE, Credentialing Specialist, ASHA Director, Certification, Rockville, MD
This free event is open to all ASHA members (it is not offered for CEUs).